Risen Chaos Pokemod
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Counter strike 1.6 Pokemod server.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

better legends?

Go down 
+2
Bees~
ubernoobie
6 posters
AuthorMessage
ubernoobie

better legends? Empty
PostSubject: better legends?   better legends? EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 2:42 pm

i want to suggest to find some sort of upgrade for some of the legends out there. although groudon and some of the legends are unique, their simply not eye catching enough to want people to buy legends. I think if you made mewtwo or celebi a global but weakened their abilities by 1/3rd when their not active pokemon it would make them more valuable and possibly have better revenues coming in from the legends. im sure there must be some way of figuring that out.

most of the pokemods i played in the past, mewtwo was always global but he was much weaker when he wasnt the active pokemon. maybe making some of those globals would provide better revenues to support the server? im sure theres a way to do it without making those pokemon out of hand. right now i dont think they should constitute as "legendaries" b/c ive seen regular pokemon do more damage. its just the "rules" and restrictions placed on the map that prevents them from being used all the time.
Back to top Go down
Bees~
Admin

better legends? Empty
PostSubject: Re: better legends?   better legends? EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 1:14 pm

Im going for changing the pokes a bit because groudon and kyogre have this annoying cd that distrupts your globals skills. They should be like celebi w/o a cd! As for the legendary globals i dont think that would be a very good idea since celebi is pretty damn good no matter what! Sometimes its not just making it stronger or weaker but maybe changing some of the small specs like Cool down etc.
Back to top Go down
ohchang

better legends? Empty
PostSubject: Re: better legends?   better legends? EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 2:53 pm

Getting a global celebi with 1/3 is useless, Might as well just get a tangela since its probably already 1/2 as good as celebi and its global. And mewtwo global would be too strong. Even if its 1/3
Back to top Go down
ubernoobie

better legends? Empty
PostSubject: Re: better legends?   better legends? EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 8:56 pm

the fact that certain pokemon are just as strong as legendaries intrigues me a bit. sunflora's beam is as strong as ho oh if not stronger imo. I also think nidorino's horn drill is like a 10-20% percent of success of an instant kill. I think these things need to be adjusted. groudon I do agree with. Their skill isnt that sexy to begin with. the fact that theres a cool down really makes them bad as legends.
Back to top Go down
ohchang

better legends? Empty
PostSubject: Re: better legends?   better legends? EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 9:00 pm

i dont think that sunfloras skill is as good as ho-oh considering ho-ohs does way more damage from burning. Sunfloras poison just damages a bit. Either way, Some pokemon are just as good as legends, but they are usually hard to find x] hah
Back to top Go down
ubernoobie

better legends? Empty
PostSubject: Re: better legends?   better legends? EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 9:01 pm

celebi is fine as well I agree with that.

I think groudon and kyrogre need to be adjusted. regirock needs to be fixed. Im sure when considering the server you decided not to make the legends overpowering but the fact that most people disreguard rules when the admins arent around makes regular pokemon just as strong. I think something needs to be done about that. I really think it would help the server out with funds going towards legendaries.

Back to top Go down
ubernoobie

better legends? Empty
PostSubject: Re: better legends?   better legends? EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 9:10 pm

heres my suggestion for some changes. Ive been playing around with the legendaries

Ho oh was a bit too strong previously. it was downgraded a bit i noticed and its fine the way it is now.
lugia doesnt seem to match the caliber of ho oh at all. its like a dragonite. it should be stronger since it doesnt burn
celebi seems fine to me as well as the legendary dogs. although some of them arent as superb they will do.
mew seems really weak imo. I saw someone use it at level 60 and it did like 5 damages per pychic i believe

the main legends that i think need to be looked at are still regirock, (fixing the aim)
groudon/kyrogre ( no cool down and perhaps better burn? for groudon? I noticed its quite weak compared to ho oh's sacred fire burn)

i really think mewtwo should be global with 1/3rd of the kick when its not active. ive done a few pokemods before and mewtwo was a staple to globals, i was disappointed to see it wasnt the same in this case.

overall season 3 legends need to be overlooked. i havent fully tested latios/latias but they have cool downs too and the delay they prevent pokeskills from being used is worse than drowsee. you could nearly do the same thing with drowsee. point, aim and use the pokeskill. i think a cooldown should be taken out. considering that season 3 does have the most legends, they do suck pretty bad tho.
Back to top Go down
ohchang

better legends? Empty
PostSubject: Re: better legends?   better legends? EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 9:22 pm

@ubernoobie I partially agree with you, but yea. Just to get a phew things clear, Lugia is like that cause of its low cool down compared to other beams. The point of mew is to make them have cool down and do some damage. Groudon should just have a better chance of burn, not stronger. Kyogre is decent imo
Back to top Go down
ubernoobie

better legends? Empty
PostSubject: Re: better legends?   better legends? EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 9:31 pm

mew doesnt give any cooldown at all.
Back to top Go down
Noobster
Admin

better legends? Empty
PostSubject: Re: better legends?   better legends? EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 9:34 pm

I believe that hib is working on regirocks aim if you saw muffin's topic somewhere in the forums. Mewtwo as a global, i think that it would make more people rage quit, not buy legends. and mew has 3 different uses. 1. he damages people. 2. it makes the opposing team's pokes have a cooldown on their pokes. and 3. if their camping it shows where they are.
Back to top Go down
ubernoobie

better legends? Empty
PostSubject: Re: better legends?   better legends? EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 9:35 pm

i dont think it does anything as far as cool down tho. im not aware of it at least.
Back to top Go down
ubernoobie

better legends? Empty
PostSubject: Re: better legends?   better legends? EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 9:43 pm

nvm your right. lol

i do think groudon needs some work. jirachi should be global. there are plenty of strong pokemon out there but it seems to me that the legends kinda suck. i was considering buying darks but considering that thier 8-10 dollars and seeing as to how the legends are rare but not exactly all helpful, i would be willing to bet that the darks would be a rip off imo
Back to top Go down
Mai
Admin

better legends? Empty
PostSubject: Re: better legends?   better legends? EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 1:19 am

Legend that are global would be horrible
the people with legends already would be overpwered
drive off new people
would get boring

and darks they are better than the original
but i dont exactly see see how darkmist could be more powerful
Back to top Go down
Mai
Admin

better legends? Empty
PostSubject: Re: better legends?   better legends? EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 1:21 am

Oh yea i forgot to put this in my other post and to lazy to edit it BUT THIS TOPIC IS IN THE WRONG SECTION
Back to top Go down
hib
Owner

better legends? Empty
PostSubject: Re: better legends?   better legends? EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 12:39 am

ubernoobie wrote:
nvm your right. lol

i do think groudon needs some work. jirachi should be global. there are plenty of strong pokemon out there but it seems to me that the legends kinda suck. i was considering buying darks but considering that thier 8-10 dollars and seeing as to how the legends are rare but not exactly all helpful, i would be willing to bet that the darks would be a rip off imo

jirachi and mewtwo as global is terrible idea..think about this..when ur at a knife map and u have global jirachi..u arent as fast when u try to knife them..so ur at a mismatch
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

better legends? Empty
PostSubject: Re: better legends?   better legends? Empty

Back to top Go down

better legends?
Page 1 of 1