Risen Chaos Pokemod
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Counter strike 1.6 Pokemod server.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Deathrun

Go down 
+5
rott3np3anut
Noobster
Mr. Sicuro
BobTheFob
Muffinator
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Do You like this event?
yes
Deathrun I_vote_lcap50%Deathrun I_vote_rcap
 50% [ 6 ]
no
Deathrun I_vote_lcap50%Deathrun I_vote_rcap
 50% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 12

AuthorMessage
Muffinator

Muffinator

Deathrun Empty
PostSubject: Deathrun   Deathrun EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 1:10 pm

Im not sure if you guys are familiar with deathrun servers but if you are then this will be easier to understand.

Name of the Event: Deathrun (idk if its accepted then we can name it something awesome)

Rules: Well first of all we would need an admin present to change the map and become the terrorist. The point of deathrun is basically everyone but 1 person is a CT and they try and make it through an obstacle course that is controled by 1 T. Theres a ton of deathrun maps to choose from and all of them are set up perfectly already (but idk if the auto-teambalanace would work with it). So everyone will be a CT while one admin is the T controlling the course. To win the event you have to get the farthest without dieing. And if a CT makes it through the obstacle course they get a gun and get sent in to kill the terrorist. And killing a terrorist obviously would be marked as a win. I would say play maybe 5rounds or so. (and a lot of these rules can be modified by someone who has thought this entire thing through because I no there are some strange parts)

How much work does the admin have to do: Barly any except change the map and then control the obstacle course. It takes less work then tremors.

Rewards: For the winner of each round they can either get a set amount of pokerank (maybe 1000-3000) or a choice of level 50.

How long does it take to set up: Not long. The terrorist is protected so he cant get killed by pokeskills and off the top of my head I cant think of any pokeskills that would give someone an advantage in this game (maybe quick attack has to be disabled). But all the admin has to do is change the map to the deathrun map.

How Long should the event be: Im not really sure about this one but maybe 5 rounds would be good enough?
Back to top Go down
BobTheFob
Small weenered admin.

Deathrun Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deathrun   Deathrun EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 1:42 pm

im not familiar with deathrun, the T will control the map with buttons? how can they move stuff around?

reward is too much, if this happens its going to be way less especially if reward is per round.

any1 elses input?
Back to top Go down
Muffinator

Muffinator

Deathrun Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deathrun   Deathrun EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 1:47 pm

Yeah the terrorist is stuck in a room with windows so they can see there the CTs are and if they would fall into the trap if they pressed the button. Everything is controlled by buttons inside the Ts little room/house. And yeah im definatly open to a different way to give out rewards. And if someone could figure out rewards without doing everyround then go ahead. Because not every round will the CTs be able to kkill the terrorist. And making the event last longer would make it more fun too. The only thing holding me back from suggesting more rounds is the reward system.
Back to top Go down
BobTheFob
Small weenered admin.

Deathrun Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deathrun   Deathrun EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 2:31 pm

hmm ok well i added a poll to see wat ppl like. we can always try a test run also, to work out the kinks
Back to top Go down
Mr. Sicuro
GFX Moderator
Mr. Sicuro

Deathrun Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deathrun   Deathrun EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 9:48 pm

I said no to this idea of an Event, for one reason. That is because without a B-Hop script, deathrun became so boreing infact it drop off the raidor of server because of the new update that steam add to remove all alis commands.

Unless hib add's a BunnyHop plugin enable people to bunnyhop, then its ok in my book. But without it, its just a boreing mod.
Back to top Go down
Muffinator

Muffinator

Deathrun Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deathrun   Deathrun EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 9:57 pm

There are deathrun maps that are really hard to bhop in. Which means they are built for people to use without having to be pro at bhopping. If there was a plugin it would give the veterans too big of an advantage over poeple who have never tried it before. This is ment to be a fair game.
Back to top Go down
Noobster
Admin

Deathrun Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deathrun   Deathrun EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 11:55 pm

I dont get why you would need a bhop script anyway.... a lot of people can do it without one... plus deathrun isn't only about bhoping, its mainly about avoiding traps....
Back to top Go down
rott3np3anut
Admin

Deathrun Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deathrun   Deathrun EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 4:00 pm

This sounds really interesting. I'd have to see some of the maps first, but it sounds really cool. Maybe try it for a bit and see how it goes.
Back to top Go down
ohchang

Deathrun Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deathrun   Deathrun EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 4:45 pm

Hey teleport should also be disabled for sure, i think there are some more moves like fly, double kick, and other stuff that should be disabled
Back to top Go down
Muffinator

Muffinator

Deathrun Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deathrun   Deathrun EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 8:01 am

yeah those probably would need to be disabled but they can probably be disabled on the map file just like a gyarados is on almost every map Shocked and we would probably find more pokeskills that would need to be disabled if we do a test run of some sort just to work out the kinkc.
Back to top Go down
hib
Owner

Deathrun Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deathrun   Deathrun EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 11:25 am

Muffinator wrote:
yeah those probably would need to be disabled but they can probably be disabled on the map file just like a gyarados is on almost every map Shocked and we would probably find more pokeskills that would need to be disabled if we do a test run of some sort just to work out the kinkc.

I'd rather do a different map..called NOOBGAME1 or something like that..its an obstacle course..a bit similar to deathrun (to some its really hard, for myself, im good at some not all), anyways the point is what if the person controlling the buttons kills all of u guys? no rewards or wat?
Back to top Go down
Muffinator

Muffinator

Deathrun Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deathrun   Deathrun EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 2:31 pm

well i guess it could be no rewards and then we would just make the game last longer so we get a few winners or we could have someone watching (maybe the Terrorist) to see who got the farthest and then the person who got the fartherst could get the prize. but that mostly depends on the map and if the Terrorist would be able to see who went farthest. either one is a possible option.
Back to top Go down
Noobster
Admin

Deathrun Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deathrun   Deathrun EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 5:21 am

Quote :
I'd rather do a different map..called NOOBGAME1 or something like that..its an obstacle course..a bit similar to deathrun (to some its really hard, for myself, im good at some not all), anyways the point is what if the person controlling the buttons kills all of u guys? no rewards or wat?

Lol hib, i really don't much people would be able to do those maps, because it can be confusing and annoying xD

Quote :
well i guess it could be no rewards and then we would just make the game last longer so we get a few winners or we could have someone watching (maybe the Terrorist) to see who got the farthest and then the person who got the fartherst could get the prize. but that mostly depends on the map and if the Terrorist would be able to see who went farthest. either one is a possible option.

Muffin i think the t should get a reward, to motivate them to actually TRY and kill all cts ;o and give them something to look forward to while doing the event. Who would wanna be the t that practically gets nothing for clicking the traps O.o
Back to top Go down
Muffinator

Muffinator

Deathrun Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deathrun   Deathrun EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 9:50 am

Well I stated up above this post that the terrorist would be an admin and I figured that admins didnt nessarily need to get rewards but if its that big of a deal they can just give themselves a little pokerank or something.
Back to top Go down
ohchang

Deathrun Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deathrun   Deathrun EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 4:45 pm

I think this event can work, but its a little confusing on the rewards part x]
Back to top Go down
Muffinator

Muffinator

Deathrun Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deathrun   Deathrun EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 5:45 pm

haha yeah i no but i think the only way that the rewards can be selected is by a test run because we need to see if people will reach the T everytime or not. Plus we need to find pokes to disable if this is gona work.
Back to top Go down
ohchang

Deathrun Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deathrun   Deathrun EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 8:34 pm

lol the only pokes to disable are the traveling ones Razz and i think this event could work but still confused on the terrorist winning side getting pokerank since theres only 1 person o.o
Back to top Go down
Muffinator

Muffinator

Deathrun Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deathrun   Deathrun EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 9:39 pm

ok what the hell now. joo and snipster or what ever are only spamming posts i assume to get pokerank.
@snipster go read the first page instead of asking what deathrun is
@ochang the terrorist doesnt even need to get anything, its just an admin and most admins have a ton of money and pokerank anyway from leveling up pokes. And im not suggesting that they get a prize every round that someone doesnt kill them, im suggesting a participation reward for the admin that is willing to be the terrorist as an incentive to to the event.
Back to top Go down
ohchang

Deathrun Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deathrun   Deathrun EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 10:06 pm

ehh i guess thatll work muffin, but still need a test run to see how it goes
Back to top Go down
Muffinator

Muffinator

Deathrun Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deathrun   Deathrun EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 5:45 pm

Oh and I think I found the map that will be easiest with out auto-bunnyhop. Its called deathrun_ice and once you get to know the traps its actually possible to beat the terrorist even if they are trying their hardest.
Back to top Go down
Noobster
Admin

Deathrun Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deathrun   Deathrun EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 5:50 pm

Deathrun_ice is a bit to easy, i believe since its considered maybe the 2nd most easiest deathrun map O.o
Back to top Go down
Muffinator

Muffinator

Deathrun Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deathrun   Deathrun EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 6:19 pm

exactly so we will have more winners, instead of the terrorist winning every round
Back to top Go down
ohchang

Deathrun Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deathrun   Deathrun EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 2:40 am

lol some maps are easy, and some maps are extremely hard to win as ct but who knows this might go both ways Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Hollow
Admin
Hollow

Deathrun Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deathrun   Deathrun EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 11:14 am

This event will not go through because it needs to be 60% yes's.

Meaning if they're.. 8 people that voted and 6 voted yes, then the event is approved.

If they're 8 people and 4 voted yes and 4 voted no, it will not be approved because it's 50%

60% ++ will be approved and 8 people is not enough to judge 1-500 players that play in the pmod.
Back to top Go down
http://lilkiddx2@yahoo.com
Muffinator

Muffinator

Deathrun Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deathrun   Deathrun EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 11:25 am

But it is 60% for. 6 votes for and 4 votes no. Or are you saying that not enough people have voted yet?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Deathrun Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deathrun   Deathrun Empty

Back to top Go down

Deathrun
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Risen Chaos Pokemod  :: Events :: Suggestions-
Jump to: